Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Week 6 Day 6

So it has been an eventful first couple of weeks since we found out :) Around end of week 4 beginning of week 5 I started to spot and feel really crampy. Being this is my first time ever being pregnant it was a little nerve wreaking. We ended up in the ER since my doctor had no available appointments and after 6 hours (blood tests, urine tests and ultrasounds both on top and inside) they told me the pregnancy was in the right place and see my doctor for a follow up. Normal "doctor" ways is that they don't see you until you are 8-10 wks pregnant for your first appointment unless you have had a past of problematic pregnancies. My doctor office saw me for the follow up tho, and they sent me off for more blood tests and she tried to do a ultrasound on top but because I was only 5 wks 4 days she only could see the uterus and sac (which is all a GREAT sign!), just no heartbeat. However, the ER was able to see the baby's heartbeat with the "vaginal" ultrasound. So now we are heading into Week 7 and the spotting has stopped, PRAISE THE LORD and we are going to our first "official" doctors appointment next week on the 24th! We are soooo blessed!! :)

As for me and pregnancy "symptoms" I have had the usual tiredness, nauseousness (usually before meals, which makes it hard to decided on what to eat) and EXTREMELY horrible bloating and gas pains (sorry for the specifics). I feel like I have grown too, maybe it is the bloating but my pants are so uncomfortable to wear so it was off to find "maternity" pants, capris and shorts that bring so much more comfort! We are curious if this mean TWINS, or if this is going to be one big baby! Since finding out I have not splurged on all the "bad" food instead have really tried to stay close to eating healthy. So it can't be due overeating and gaining lots of weight. But these of course are my own observations...lol

Well I hope to update you more next week after the doctors appointment. Please continue to keep us in your prayers!!

Much Love!

1 comments:

Cher & Jer said...

Yay! We're so happy for you guys! Baby Hump is going to be so cute!!


xoxo